The Digital Archive is an ongoing project to make A David Bomberg Legacy – The Sarah Rose Collection available online and to explore its historical and artistic context. It includes images of works in the collection, and a growing area of resources ranging from oral histories to specially commissioned texts, to archive materials.
These areas will gradually be added to in order to build a rich and widely accessible resource for use by anyone interested in researching and learning about the artists and works in A David Bomberg Legacy – The Sarah Rose Collection.
- Images of work by David Bomberg, Dennis Creffield, Cliff Holden, Thomas Holden, Dorothy Mead and Miles Richmond from A David Bomberg Legacy – The Sarah Rose Collection. Works can be ordered by artist. Click here to view works.
- Newly digitized works by Edna Mann from A David Bomberg Legacy – The Sarah Rose Collection. Click here to view works by Edna Mann.
- Images of Benjamin Skinner’s ‘Archive of Experience’: the drawings created as part of Skinner’s 2016 dance commission. Click here to view and read more about this commission.
- Audio and Video – listen to new oral histories recorded by Borough Road Gallery, and recordings of the Gallery’s public talks.
- Written Work – read short texts, new research papers and creative responses relating to the artists and works in A David Bomberg Legacy – The Sarah Rose Collection.
- Photographs and Archive Material – view photographs and archive materials relating to David Bomberg and the Borough Group, ranging in date from 1945-2014.